Friday, January 18, 2013

Project 52 - Our Town ~ Squamish Pet Photographer

I have joined a group of pet photographers who do themed blog posts every week. This week the theme is "Our Town" and we are meant to show off the places where we live.

I live in Squamish, BC, Canada. Squamish lies between Vancouver and Whistler, home of the 2010 Winter Olympic games. We have both a major urban centre and a world class ski resort about 45 minutes away. Squamish is a well known destination for rock climbers, mountain bikers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all types. The local radio station claims to broadcast "from the best back yard in the world" and I cannot disagree with them.

Winter on the west coast is rainy, but this photo, taken on Saturday, proves we get some sunshine too.
Squamish really does get sunshine even in the winter

On Tuesday I took Caiman down to the beach and snapped a few photos for this post. The beach is an old industrial area and active recreation site, and evidence of both are everywhere.

Dog photographs taken in Squamish

Rivet is visiting this week, so on Thursday I took her down to the Adventure Centre (our visitor centre). These shots are messier than I would usually do, usually I would put more effort into cleaning up the background, but for these my goal was to show you the scenery we have visible from everywhere in town.

Squamish scenery and pet photography

This Project 52 is a group project. Please visit all the other members, starting with
Denver Pet Photographer, StinkDog Photos!

8 comments:

  1. Her expression on that first one is so sweet - utter contentment in the sunshine. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite the backyard! Very beautiful. I love the look on the dogs face in the first photo enjoying the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome backdrops! I love the adventure sign with Rivet in the foreground!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos, Squamish looks like a beautiful town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Caiman and the location! I especially like the first one where he is soaking up the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this post?! I love love love the first shot! And the ones about town are great! Love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, Tracy... I'm both so happy and so sad to see Caiman getting older, if that makes sense. He has the best owner in the whole wide world :)
    Susan H.

    ReplyDelete