Friday, January 25, 2013

Project 52 - Black & White ~ Squamish Pet Photography

The Project 52 theme this week is Black & White. Black & white photos are one of my favourite things, and it is a rare photo session where I don't convert some of the photos into B&W.

Of course, if you read my blog you already know that...

We are to take new photos for the project, every week, and so I took my old boy Caiman out today. I have been trying to photograph his greying face lately, because I know it won't be so very long until photos are all I have of him, and so of course some of what I got today is details of his face.

Black and white photograph of an old dog

B&W photo of dog standing by dead grass in Squamish

B+W detail shot of dog fur
Gray fur on old dog face

Black and white photo showing greying hair on dog nose

This Project 52 is a group project. Please visit all the other talented pet photographers, starting with Toronto's Posh Pets Photography, by following the links at the bottom of our posts.

Tracy Sutherland Photography specializes in timeless classic representations of the pets that enrich our lives. Tracy lives in Sea to Sky country north of Vancouver, BC, Canada, and works in Whistler, Squamish, and Vancouver.

5 comments:

  1. Awww you've got to love an old soul. Black and white shows off the detail in his greying beard perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. graying faces are so beautiful to me, especially in black and white. lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! He looks good in B&W, doesn't he?!

    ReplyDelete