Tuesday, June 4, 2013

creativeLIVE workshop in Seattle

The week before last I was in Seattle for 4 nights. Two of the days I participated in Arica Dorff's Pet Photography Workshop at creativeLIVE, and the third day I played tourist.

This was my second time at creativeLIVE. I enjoyed myself greatly both times. There is something special about spending such a concentrated period of time with people who share my enthusiasms. My fellow students at the workshops and I will stay in touch and continue to encourage and support one another.

Here we all are after the second day. This photo was taken with Karen's camera.

Group photo taken with Karen's camera

From left to right: Me, Darcy, Melissa, Rebecca, Paula, Arica, Christiana, Karen, and Heidi.

On the sightseeing day we managed to fit in many of Seattle's tourist landmarks including the Space Needle, Pike's Market, and a view of downtown from the hillside. My absolute favourite part was the Chihuly glass exhibit at the base of the Space Needle. I would happily go again - it was easily the best $19 I spent that day. My photos don't show the scale of the work. These pieces are enormous.

Photograph of glass art
Photograph of glass art
Photograph of glass art
Photograph of glass art

No comments:

Post a Comment