Friday, June 14, 2013

Project 52 - Negative Space

This week the theme for P52 is Negative Space. I use a lot of negative space in my photography, so this was a relatively easy week for me. Caiman and I went out into our back yard yesterday and just hung around for a while.

Close up photo of dog showing one eye with negative space

In this next photo Caiman proves that you are never too old to play with a stuffed hedgehog, especially if it has pink toes and squeaks loudly when stepped on. I was experimenting with the processing in this one and the colours ended up differently than my norm, but I think I like them like this.

Portrait of Caiman lying in the back yard

And, finally, a shot taken yesterday that was not specifically for this post. It fits the theme though! These three were part of a much larger flock of geese, and I like the rhythm to the way they are turning their heads.

Canada geese swimming

Project 52 is a group project. Please visit all the other talented pet photographers, starting with Melbourne Pet Photographer, by following the links at the bottom of our posts.

Tracy Sutherland Photography specializes in timeless classic representations of the pets that enrich our lives. Tracy lives in Sea to Sky country north of Vancouver, BC, Canada, and works in Whistler, Squamish, and Vancouver.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful - every portrait of Caiman always looks so serious :) I like the colours in your experiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wonderful. I also love the way the geese heads are aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots, and I agree with Caitlin, he looks so serious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's funny, because Caiman is one of the least serious dogs I know! :-) He's a goof.

    ReplyDelete